Hot summer days are are upon us and these homemade popsicles will help you and your little ones beat the heat !! For me it also a healthy alternative for my sweet cravings. Fruit lovers, chocolate lovers and clean eaters, you can all follow below steps for these easy to make ice pops with pantry staple ingredients. I have added some tips to suit different tastes. Enjoy these fresh from the freezer homemade ice pops and stay refreshed all summer long!
Watermelon & Strawberry Lip Smacker!
Ingredients : 1 cup Watermelon , 1 cup Strawberries , Lime zest and few drops of Lime
- Blend all 3 ingredients in a blender or mixer and mix to combine
- Fold the mixture into the popsicle mold and insert the sticks
- Freeze until firm (1-2 hours)
- To easily remove the Popsicle from the mold after they are frozen, put the mold under running water or immerse them in a hot water bowl.
- Tip: Add honey for extra sweetness , and flax seeds for some nutritional value.
Tangy Coconut and Kiwi Kicker!
Ingredients : 1 cup coconut water ( bottled or fresh) I used Vita Coco, 1/2 cup kiwi slices
- Pour coconut water into the Popsicle molds
- Cut Kiwi into small pieces to fit in the mold and add them from top.
- Insert the sticks and freeze until firm. (1-2 hours)
- Tip: Add blueberries for sweetness and extra color . Add Chia seeds for nutrition.
Banana and Peanut butter Pop!
Ingredients : 1 Banana , 1 and half Tbsp Peanut butter, 1 cup milk
- Blend all 3 ingredients in the blender until combined .
- Fold the mixture into the popsicle mold and insert the stick
- Freeze until firm (2-3 hours)
- Tip: You can add chocolate syrup for sweetness or chocolate chips for the crunch.
- I used a Nutribulllet to blend my ingredients and mold from Ikea (They run a little small)
- I will be very soon making a Greek yogurt popsicle, this way I can add some more protein in my diet!